Also known as teeth bonding or composite bonding, dental bonding is a cosmetic procedure that is used to enhance your beautiful smile and fix broken, chipped, discolored, or cracked teeth. Dental bonding is an inexpensive procedure during which the dentist uses a thick and moldable tooth-colored composite resin to fill in the gaps, resulting in a beautiful smile.
When Is Dental Bonding Recommended?
As stated earlier, during a dental bonding procedure, dentists use a tooth-colored composite resin material to improve your smile. Dental bonding is recommended in the following cases:
- Change the shape of your teeth.
- To make your teeth look longer.
- Camouflage tooth discoloration.
- Conceal cracks or chips in your teeth.
- Fill the spaces and gaps between your teeth.
- Replace old silver dental fillings.
- Fill cavities.
- Protect the roots of your teeth after gum recession.
What Is a Dental Bonding Procedure?
A typical dental bonding procedure takes approximately 30 minutes to an hour. Here is what to expect during a dental bonding appointment:
- The dentist will use a shade guide to select a composite resin color that matches your natural teeth.
- They will then clean your teeth to create a smooth bonding surface.
- Next, the dentist will apply the resin and mold it in the desired shape.
- The dentist will turn on the UV light to harden the resin and further shape your teeth.
- Lastly, the dentist will polish the bonded resin for a natural shine and floss it to ensure there are no rough edges.
How to Care for Bonded Teeth
Follow the below-mentioned tips and tricks to protect your bonded teeth:
- Don’t chew on ice.
- Try not to pick at the bonding.
- Pass on chewy and hard candies.
- Avoid putting sharp objects in your mouth.
- Use a mouth guard to protect your teeth during sports.
Schedule an Appointment Today!
At Severance Dental, we are committed to providing personalized, high-quality dental care in Windsor, Greeley, Eaton, Ault, Fort Collins, Pierce, and Severance, CO. So, what are you waiting for? Give us a call to book an appointment right away!